Sunday, October 29, 2017

Home-made : Gaia Memory Enhancing Adpater Version 2 - Kamen Rider Accel

Version 1 was spoilt a long long time ago, so decided to make a new one instead of repairing it.. This time, wanted to make a more movie accurate version, so tried out using ABS sheet bought from Taobao.com... Parts are then glued with superglue which works surprisingly well on ABS... Hot glue is then used to reinforce the joints and seams...


This is the gaia memory holder...


.. and the switch to activate the "Upgrade!" sound when the gaia memory is inserted...


Used 2 expensive sound circuits, which are not the usual mic-record versions I normally used, but they are the type that has ports to transfer sound files from computer into them. They are used as my normal sound recording circuits somehow are unable to capture the "upgrade!" and "booster!" properly...


Details are only done on the front face, using mostly spare parts and other other objects found here and there, as long as the shapes resemble... A layer of PVA glue is applied on the oilier plastics in case the spray paint cannot adhere to the surface...


Spray painted with a few types of silver paint and in the end the last coat chosen was silver chrome, and fortunately, the chrome did not come too reflective, else the whole gaia memory enhancing adapter will look too shiny...


Font face of the adapter...


The back of the adapter is the battery compartment with magnets to held close in position...


The opening for the gaia memory is too big after I scrape the paint off the edges...


... and so I tried adding some sponge to thicken up... but the original thickness was too much and the gaia memory became hard to put in. Then I tried to slice the sponge to half thickness but this time, the gaia memory fits in ok, but still loose as when I try to hold it when pulling it out together with the gaia memory from the Driver, it will come out with the gaia memory still stuck in the Driver... sigh... will probably touch up next time, when I have the motivation again...


And here it is with the DX Accel Gaia Memory in it... Theoretically it should work on all gaia memories, though I have not yet tried it...


Looks good... much better than the previous one... hahahaha...



A short demonstration clip...



5 comments:

  1. sorry, I was wondering, can you tell me what the name of the switch that you used for the "Upgrade" sound. I tried to search online but google shows me the On/Off switch instead. Please do tell me the name and thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I also don't know the actual name for that switch, I usually browse in the Taobao online shops and purchase when thought they might be suitable. They belong to microswitch or limit switch type, try use soft touch, light touch, small, etc in your search. Or maybe can browse sellers (online shops) that sell switches. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Hi there. I just want to tell you that I have finally found the switch name. It's called Detector Switch. Hope this will help you and anyone who finds this in the future!

      Delete