Sunday, August 19, 2012

August Purchase (4) - DX Ongekishin Raigo/Ongekigen Retsurai, DX Ongekishin Zantetsu/OngekiShingen Retsuzan, DX Meitou Onsaken, Candy Toy Medagaburyu

Went over to Taka today to have my 2nd round at its 16th Craziest Toys Sales... and this time picked up some very cheap Kamen Rider Hibiki series stuff!


DX Ongekishin Raigo/Ongekigen Retsurai
Saw from a forum that the sales have these loaded yesterday, so went down. Looked around for a while and finally found this at 1 of the pile of Bandai stuff... The few remaining pieces are deep in the centre of the other stuff, so very difficult to reach in to dig out these pieces... I took a deep breathe and look at the price tag... $5.00 !!!!!! Heh heh, immediately took another one (for myself to display/play), but I quickly pass it to a lady who also wanted to buy this one for her kids... so I reached in deeper to take another one, and found the black version! (see 2nd item below)... Intend to give this for my little nephew....



DX Ongekishin Zantetsu/OngekiShingen Retsuzan
Surprise to see this piece! Yesterday was still researching on this KR Todoroki's guitar and didn't really like the green colour, and when I found a Youtube clip of the KR Zanki's version, I like that colour scheme more, but thought that this probably won't be sold in the toys sales... I was wrong...At $5.00 a piece, this is sweet...



DX Meitou Onsaken
After the great hussle of hauling out the DX guitars, I was about to leave, when my eyes suddenly caught sight of the word "sword" in chinese/japanese... Sword? This guitar is no sword... Could it be something else? But as this box is partially hidden and very deep in beyond reach, I tried to look around for a staff to help me..but unsuccessful... In the end I shift out the front few boxes of stuff and finally able to reach in the cavity and pull out... the DX Meitou Onsaken!!!!! Happy... Look at the price, even happier! $5.00 only as well!!! Immediately took 2 sets... Good haul today...



Candy Toy Medagaburyu
Then went over to CSC... not much good stuff... went over to buy the Candy Toy Medagaburyu to transplant the sounds over to my KO Perfect Zecter (which has the same sounds as that of the KO Double Calibur... and I cannot accept this time)... $10, a bit expensive compared to the earlier purchases...




Edit #1: Arrrggghhh.... Not sure if it is me's luck or the QC or the material degradation over time... the plastic piece on the tip of the (rubber) blade literally crumbles when I detomb KR Zanki's guitar.... took a long time to fix up, superglue-tissue the gaps and finally manage to fix it after 1 hr 45 mins... Worsen by the fact the guitar cannot take apart (some parts seem permanently jointed....) even after removing all screws ....And when checking KR Todoroki's guitar, the same issue happen... and this time I snap off the remaining plastics and used a silver-chrome-stickered plastic to cover the space... Next time then take pictures... also, the KR Todoroki's guitar volume is very low compared to KR Zanki's. Initially I thought is because the loud speaker is not placed properly, but after a long time of fiddling (cannot take the bloody thing apart to fix!!!!), manage to pull the loudspeaker to place but problem is still there, sound only better a little bit... sigh...

Ok, enough of grumbling....

Edit #2: My little nephew actually prefer the KR Zanki's guitar than KR Todoroki's! Which means... I can now break apart the KR Todoroki's guitar neck to replace the speaker!!! So I did that... and yes, the speaker is damaged when the assembly line did not put it in properly... so I replaced with a new speaker, and yes, the volume (and quality) is restored... Only left to need to make a small strip of golden-chromed sticker to better cover up the break-line... nice...

Edit #3: My little nephew and me fun playing the guitars!!! Hahahaha.....

No comments:

Post a Comment