Thursday, June 26, 2014

Restoration (Body and Sounds) - KO PLEX Accellular (Boukenger)

Restored the KO PLEX Accellular some time ago but had forgotten to pictured down until last night...

This is the smaller sized Accellular, which I believe is KO-ed from the PLEX mold.


I used 2 types of KOs for the body of this Accellular to make it more like a DX... Did some repainting and also sprayed a layer of clear lacquer to protect the paint... The screen is printed from some DX picture found over the internet...


Pressing the trigger at the side will make a purplish-blue LED light up. Despite using only 3V for the source, the LED still lights up too brightly, hence I have to use masking tape to cover the glaring light...


As for the henshin sound, I added a power on-off switch to ensure the battery life will not be drained off by accidental rotation of the wheel...


And here is the final outcome... Not too good, but will do nicely for my little nephew...

No comments:

Post a Comment