Friday, October 4, 2013

Update: "Samurai-kengers" Belt Mod & Gear Display

Due to the Shodophone, I had an initial impression that Shinkenger toys are much better than the Samurai Rangers'... But when I saw the 2 pictures of Shinkenmaru and Spin-sword, I have a feeling that I will not buy any Shinkenger stuff, other than the Shodophone...

So here's my collection of the "Samurai-kengers" stuff I will be displaying...Spin-sword looks more like a sword (slightly better in proper in proportion than its Japanese counterpart), and the swapped stickers onto the correct colour discs settles things right. Personally, I felt the Samurai Rangers' Morpher is so similar to a typical cheap toy phone, and not a henshin device...  I could not resist getting 1 Shodophone for my display when they are sold at that low price in Taka recently... Although the Black Box cannot scan the discs (unlike its Japanese counterpart), it is smaller in size, making the "super-spin-sword" (I liked to call it this way, hahaha...) looks so much better in proportion...


Earlier I bought a gold colour belt in Taobao.com, and although the texture pattern of the belt is not that of the belt strap in the show, the checkered pattern on this belt actually brings a old-traditional rough woven fabric feel, that suits the theme of ancient samurai... Actually this belt was the closest I could find when searching on Taobao.com, so quite satisfied...

No comments:

Post a Comment